Exosite and Evalan Announce Partnership to Simplify Implementation of Remote Monitoring Solutions for Customers
by Stacey O'Brien, on September 14, 2021
Collaboration combines Exosite’s remote monitoring application and Evalan’s BACE hardware to offer an IoT solution that is simple, fast, and cost effective
MINNEAPOLIS – September 14, 2021 – Exosite LLC, a leading provider in the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) platform market, today announced a new partnership with Evalan, an IoT gateway provider that helps customers develop secure connected solutions. The collaboration will combine Exosite’s ExoSense® remote monitoring application with Evalan’s BACE hardware, providing an end-to-end remote monitoring solution that can be deployed in a matter of minutes, requires no coding to customize and is highly secure.
Evalan’s BACE gateway module can be connected directly to any asset in the field via a variety of industrial protocols, including RS485/Modbus, CANbus, UART and others. The module contains an optional CO2 sensor and RFID scanner, but can also be configured to work with additional external sensors, including temperature, light intensity, humidity and presence. The BACE module communicates asset data to the cloud via the LTE-M/NB-IoT infrastructure, which is part of the 4G network and allows BACE to provide long-distance connectivity. The BACE module controls all IoT functions between the module and the cloud, including data transmission, security, over-the-air (OTA) software updates, provisioning and commissioning.
Once the BACE gateway module is connected to the cloud, it utilizes an Exosite IoT Connector to immediately begin sending data to Exosite’s ExoSense application, where users have access to critical remote monitoring functionality, including:
- Customizable dashboards. Create drag-and-drop dashboards that can be remotely viewed on any device to quickly understand machine health and reduce the need for onsite visits.
- Historical analysis. Visualize historical data with simple and complex line charts to identify problematic trends and critical events.
- Off-the-shelf rules. Detect warning and critical states with ready-to-use rules, including sustained thresholds and comparison functions.
- Alerts and notifications. Trigger email/SMS alerts based on real-time status to reduce downtime and increase productivity.
- Visual status indicators. Visually communicate the state of equipment with key indicator panels, so users can quickly take corrective action when necessary.
- Analytics. Leverage operational analytics and data transformations to predict maintenance, improve processes, and enable machine learning.
“We believe that together ExoSense and BACE offer a competitive IoT solution for many use cases,” said Henk Schwietert, CEO, Evalan. “Especially for applications where cost, security and time to market really matter. Lowering the barrier of entry for new IoT implementations is one of our strategic objectives and, through our cooperation with Exosite, we can deliver that.”
“We are excited to work with Evalan to offer customers a simple, secure remote monitoring solution,” said Steve VanderSanden, COO, Exosite. “ExoSense is a powerful remote monitoring application that is easy to deploy and simple to customize—when it’s combined with Evalan’s BACE hardware, customers have an end-to-end solution that is ready to go out of the box. They can quickly begin monitoring equipment, managing asset health, and seeing real business value from day one."
The BACE gateway module is available now for purchase directly from Evalan, who also provides in-depth technical support and system integration. To learn more about the BACE gateway module visit: https://evalan.com/en/projects/bace-iot-building-block-to-connect-your-assets-to-the-cloud/
To learn more about Exosite’s ExoSense® condition monitoring application, visit: https://docs.exosite.io/exosense/
Director of Marketing Communications
612-353-2161 x 2085