Mark Benson featured in Electronic Design: 11 Myths about Data Analytics for IoT Device Fleets
by Exosite, on April 15, 2016
As the Internet of Things expands to achieve its predicted global reach and data analytics for IoT becomes more popular, several misconceptions have become increasingly pervasive. In a recent article for Electronic Design, Exosite's CTO Mark Benson seeks to identify and debunk these common myths regarding data analytics in IoT. In "11 Myths about Data Analytics for IoT Device Fleets," Benson identifies these misconceptions as:
- Quantitative analysis is better than human intuition.
- Everyone is ahead of you in terms of adopting data analytics for IoT device fleets.
- Every problem is a data-analytics problem.
- Everything is new or everything is old.
- Data scientists are readily available.
- The search for data-analytics insights can be automated.
- Machine learning is what you need.
- You must have a mathematical background to do analytics.
- Data analytics for IoT is an IT responsibility.
- Data analytics is only for large organizations.
- All data is good data.
About Electronic Design
As the trusted resource for more than 50 years, the Penton Electronics Group is the electronic design engineer's source for the design ideas and solutions, new technology information and engineering essentials. Individual brands in the group include Electronic Design, Microwaves & RF, and Power Electronics.